Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 17-Visitors


My dad is lucky to have a wonderful network of family and friends.  It shouldn't surprise me, and perhaps I am a little biased, but my dad is so funny and an amazing guy with so much charm.  His stories draw you in, his love for everyone embraces your heart, and his ability to put everyone else first is truly remarkable.
 
Nancy, a dear friend of mom and dad, visited today.  Thanks so much for your time. :)  Quite honestly, it's a pretty boring place without visitors-counting ceiling tiles to pass time isn't my idea of fun. As mentioned before, there is no ice cream truck to look forward to this summer and the cable tv could use a few more channels like HBO or Showtime.   
 
Nancy posted on FB the following:
 
 I spent a wonderful hour with Justin at the Heritage Rehab yesterday. He looks good and is mainly his old self, except for some bandages and the neck brace. He's up in his power chair all day and telling stories and laughing and I think he entertained me as much as I did him. He is an inspiration!
As I looked around his room and listened to his accounts of his family and friends' he
lp and visits and gifts, etc. I couldn't help but think how blessed he is in many ways. But Justin, I want you to know that you have built this network of love, hope and support through your own amazing life. Your friendships and your family life are so much the result of your own good nature and generous spirit.  And I'll be back soon to take part in the journey.
I stayed long enough to meet up with Marsha out in the breezeway of the center and we sat and talked for a while. What an amazing woman... making the adjustments and carrying on with humor and hope and resilience. I hope that I would do as well, given the same kind of challenges.
For those of you who are reluctant to visit - don't be! He absolutely adores having people come to see him. It made MY day!
 
 
Not only did dad get to spend time with Nancy, but Nikki brought the grandkids up (Shane and Damien) for a visit too!  What a great day for dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment